As you’ve surely heard by now, Ron Paul supporters, no doubt provoked by their fervent belief that 9-year-old girls should be forced to convert to Catholicism and rule England and Scotland, raised $4.2 million for their man on Guy Fawkes Day. So it seems like as good a time as any to link to the Top Ten Reasons Ron Paul Is Not Libertarian Enough. My favorite’s #9, though #2 is good too:
Top Ten Reasons Ron Paul Is Not Libertarian Enough
10. Ron Paul’s passport was issued by the U.S. government.
9. When the National Hurricane Center suggests Ron Paul take shelter, he does.
8. Ron Paul’s campaign bus has a license plate. It also uses the Interstate highway system, which has no toll booths.
7. Ron Paul’s name has too many letters.
6. Ron Paul accepts that Pluto is no longer a planet, but still says the other eight are.
5. A tie: Ron Paul’s TV picks up UHF channels.
Ron Paul shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die. Oh wait, that’s Johnny Cash.
4. Ron Paul has yet to call either Nancy Pelosi or Abraham Lincoln a “statist.”
3. When the U.S. Postal Service raises the price of a stamp, Ron Paul goes along.
2. Ron Paul’s Social Security Number is not of his choosing.
1. Ron Paul’s water is fluoridated.